Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 22: Finally back to Earth

Hi,

Sorry for the long silence. I moved into my apartment on October 8th which meant that I didn't have internet connection nor mobile connection. My apartment lies on a mountain in the small town of Skelmorlie.

The day before yesterday, I finally found a solution for this and so now I do have internet and mobile connection.

A lot of things have happened. I moved in, didn't have any warm water or heater coz the thing didn't work. Now it's finally fixed but makes a hell of a noise.

I have internet and mobile connection which makes me very happy coz at least now I can talk to people again :o) I also bought a cable to connect the tv (which the previous tenant left behind) to the antenna so when the weather is nice, I can watch 4 channels. If it rains or there's a lot of wind, I can only watch 2 channels.

Last week, I spent most of my time sitting with my colleagues in the SC/ITS Benelux team. Listening to conversations and watching them while they use the programs. On wednesday, October 14th, I answered my first call and on Friday, October 16th, I did a test on the SC part for which I passed :D

During the weekends, I mostly walk around in the neighbourhood, checking out the mountain and making lots of pictures. Now that I have internet again, I will post them online but it is a very slow connection so it might take a while before they are all online...

Today was much the same as last week. Listening to HW conversations and answering SC calls.
Tomorrow I will have my first "late" shift. This means that I start working at 9.30am till 6pm.

This is it for now...

I'm sure I'll start posting more regularly again now that the internet connection is back.

Take care !!!

greetz

Kjell

PS I almost forgot !!! The ship QE2 passed in Greenock today. I saw it through the binoculars of a friend and it was just very very very impressive !!!

No comments: