Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Day 9 : Lucky day

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,

This is my lucky day today !!!

This morning, I didn't want to go to IBM because I didn't like the idea of being in the D&B team. However, around 9.30am the teamleader came to me saying they had found another team for me and so I sat with that team for the rest of the day. I had sooooooooooo much fun. I am now actually doing the inbound calls !!!

There are 3 types of calls :

1) communication within IBM : anyone (IBM or non-IBM) calling for an employee of IBM/contractor working for IBM will come to us and we'll put you through to the person you request.

2) HW (Hardware) Calls :

a) New HW Call : when you have any hardware (printers, scanners, copiers, ...) which doesn't work properly and requires a technician. You call us, we'll put the request in the system and a technician will call you as soon as possible. It's not necessarily IBM material but under contract with IBM.

b) HW Update Call : when you already made a request but haven't heard of the technician yet, we'll make an update of that request.

3) SW (Software) Calls :

a) New SW Call : when you have any software (don't know the details yet, that's for in 2 months) which doesn't work properly and requires help of a technician. You call us, we'll put the request in the system and a technician will call you as soon as possible. It's not necessarily IBM material but under contract with IBM.

b) SW Update Call : when you already made a request but haven't heard of the technician yet, we'll make an update of that request.

At 4pm my day was over so I could go home.

At 6pm I had an appointment to take a look at 2 apartments with each 1 bedroom. My friend and I were both interested and we worked it out. I got the first floor and she the ground floor and we're moving in on Friday. Take a look at the pictures, they show you the apartment exactly as it is. The only thing is that the white couch won't stay ;o)

It is a renovated coach house in the tranquil setting of the garden grounds of Balvonie House on Halcketburn Road in Skelmorlie. If you look out the window in my living room, then you have a wonderful view over the sea between all the trees ;o)






I'm having my lucky day today !!!

No comments: